“Listen” is the sixth studio album by french DJ and producer David Guetta, released on 21 November 2014 on Parlophone. It features collaborations with artists from the R&B, hip hop, alternative rock and pop worlds such as Sam Martin, Emeli Sandé, The Script, Nicki Minaj, John Legend, Nico & Vinz, Ryan Tedder, Sia, Magic, Bebe Rexha, Birdy or Skylar Grey. It also features additional production from Guetta’s frequent collaborator Giorgio Tuinfort, Avicii, Afrojack, Nicky Romero, Showtek, and Stadiumx among others, with additional writing credits from Alicia Keys and The-Dream among others. The record garnered mixed reviews upon release.
Guetta remains solid in his position. EDM, with touches of trap and country, is what you re’ gonna listen on “Listen”. Some songs with hard drops and some others with sweet disposition.
Not as good as “”One love” or “Nothing but the beat”, but good at all.
Don’t forget one thing about studio albums by DJs: this is not their style. On their style, there are singles ans solo tracks. Studio LPs are made with an EDM identity and with a bunch of vocal featurings. It’s good from a dance perspective; it’s trash from a big room or tech-house perspective. It’s the way you look at it. But this is not made for festivals, and we all now and (should) accept that fact.
- “Dangerous” (track 1) [with Sam Martin]
- “What I did for love” (track 2) [with Emeli Sandé]
- “Lovers on the sun” (track 4) [with Sam Martin]
- “Listen” (track 7) [with John Legend]
- “Yesterday” (track 9) [with Bebe Rexha]
- “Sun goes down” (track 11) [with Showtek, Magic and Sonny Wilson]
- “S.T.O.P” (track 12) [with Ryan Tedder]
- “The whisperer” (track 14) [with Sia]