“X” is the sixth studio album by american recording artist Chris Brown. The album was released on September 16, 2014 by RCA Records.
Chris Brown and his voice has the capacity to thrill and stir. And “X” checks that fact.
Like in all long album, there are some more mistakes and successes than in a short one. Logical. The collab with Trey Songz -and his similar voice to Brown- is one. And “Came to do” too, with another similar voice -in an autotune form- in Akon. Good bass in “Came to do”, and “Steryotype”, but the bass eat the not-so-good lyrics. Risky and not bad “Autumn leaves”, with Kendrick Lamar in a hip-hop facet. Also there are EDM tracks -“X” or “Body shots” that may confuse you. And “Don’t be gone too long”, which was a commercial fail.
But the most infamous of all mistakes is “Loyal”, yes, the worldwide hit. A male chauvinist song with Lil’ Wayne (no surprise) and Tyga. That shit carry us to the Rihanna fight days. The bad side of this boy are songs -and an attitude- like that.
When Chris Brown sings love songs, only few people can be better. I don’t know he know that, but if he could focus…
- “Add me in” (track 2)
- “New flame” (track 4) [with Usher and Rick Ross]
- “101 [Interlude]” (track 6)
- “Drown in it” (track 7) [with R. Kelly]
- “Time for love” (track 10)
- “Do better” (track 13) [with Brandy]
- “See you around” (track 14)
- “Love more” (track 19) [with Nicki Minaj]
- “Don’t think they know” (track 20) [with Aaliyah]
- “Fine China” (track 21) -and album’s debut single-